[Freeswitch-users] G722 16k or 8k?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 23 20:42:13 MSK 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:

> On 02/23/2012 11:35 PM, Stephen Dame wrote:
> >
> > Question on G722, trying to see if the quality of basic g.722 is much
> > better than the standard g729 or g711.
> >
> The quality of G.711 is considerably better than G.729.
>
> The quality of G.722 is *massively* better than G.711. Why you can even
> spell things out, and be understood, without going "no F for Freddy, not
> S for stuff" all the time. :-)

Tech: "Open up config dot sys"
User: "I don't see a config dot fiff"
Tech: "No, not config dot fiff, config dot SYS"
User: "Hmm, I don't see a config dot SIFF either. Are you sure you know how
to do this?"
Tech (after pressing mute button): "Just kill me now"

Yeah, I think a lot of us have had that conversation... HD Voice FTW.
-MC