[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question about Cisco phones

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Dec 28 03:53:19 MSK 2012

Can you capture the SIP traffic between the phone and the server and drop
it on pastebin.freeswitch.org? It might be good to review the SIP dialog,
just in case there are some clues there. You can use the fs_cli if you wish:
sofia profile internal siptrace on
(if you're using the example configs that come with FreeSWITCH. Use the
correct profile name if you have one other than "internal" that you're
using.)

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> I have FreeSwitch installed, and now I'm trying to test it.
>
> I'm attempting to use a Cisco UC phone, model CP-3805.
> I have it talking to the TFTP server and getting a configuration file that
> I got from the FreeSwitch wiki.  It contains the IP address of the switch,
> and a couple of login/password lines:
>
> <authName>1001</authName>
> <authPassword>654987</authPassword>
>
> I have this same login/password in conf/directory/1001.xml:
>
>   <user id="1001">
>     <params>
>       <param name="password" value="654987"/>
>

> Using tcpwatch, I see the switch keeps sending "SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized"
> and "SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden" messages to the phone, so I obviously have
> something wrong.
>
> I'm thinking I have to put something in conf/sip_profiles, but that's just
> a guess at this point.
>
> I'm assuming this is a FAQ, but I found very little in the wiki about
> configuring phones.
>
> --
> Steve

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org