[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question about Cisco phones

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Fri Dec 28 02:50:40 MSK 2012

I have FreeSwitch installed, and now I'm trying to test it.

I'm attempting to use a Cisco UC phone, model CP-3805.
I have it talking to the TFTP server and getting a configuration file that
I got from the FreeSwitch wiki.  It contains the IP address of the switch,
and a couple of login/password lines:

<authName>1001</authName>
<authPassword>654987</authPassword>

I have this same login/password in conf/directory/1001.xml:

  <user id="1001">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="654987"/>

Using tcpwatch, I see the switch keeps sending "SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized"
and "SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden" messages to the phone, so I obviously have
something wrong.

I'm thinking I have to put something in conf/sip_profiles, but that's just
a guess at this point.

I'm assuming this is a FAQ, but I found very little in the wiki about
configuring phones.

--
Steve