[Freeswitch-users] Call transfer changes media mode to bypass mode

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:09:17 MSK 2012

Hi guys,

I would like to know why acall transfer could change media mode to
bypass mode.
In detail, If I perform an outbound call (through a voip gateway)in
media mode and then transfer this call to a local extension (my dialplan
forces bypass_mode between local extensions), the call doesn't maintain
the original mode (media).
Unfortunately, as I am ina NAT environment this breaks the comunication.

In inbound calls (with inbound-proxy-media=false and
inbound-bypass-media=false), the call after the transfer is still in
media mode.

Is this an expected behaviour?

Best regards,
Carlo

[P.s. Irewrited my last mail for a direct approach to the problem]