[Freeswitch-users] Natting question.

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:31:00 MSK 2012

Do you see any entries in the FS logs relating to rtp auto-adjust at about
the time the audio starts working?

If so that could indicate FS is getting an incorrect (internal) IP in the
SDP from the client, and audio is starting when the client starts sending
to FS after a few seconds.

The other party have to hung up, for example, in order for call to end.

This also indicates a NAT issue. The BYE hangup gets sent to the IP:port in
the Contact header, not the address the INVITE came from. If the contact
header is incorrect the BYE goes to the wrong place and so the client never
sees it.

If you can't correct that on the client end (STUN, set manually, SIP ALG
etc) then try
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/NDLB#NDLB-connectile-dysfunction and/or
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/NDLB#NDLB-force-rport which will tell FS to
break from the SIP standard to support buggy clients.

-Steve