[Freeswitch-users] Natting question.

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Mon Dec 10 23:00:00 MSK 2012

Hi Mimiko,

I have had hours and hours of problems with NAT, so I can at least tell you
what helped me get past them.

All of my problems have been in the configuration     PHONE > NAT > Internet
> FS  .

CISCO SPECIFIC ISSUES:
I learned through a long tough week with a new customer that CISCO 3xx and
5xx Series have a web setup section that is critical when behind NAT.  When
logged in as an ADMIN, on the SIP Tab, these NAT Support Parameters should
be set to yes:
Handle VIA received,  Insert VIA received,  Substitute VIA Addr,  Handle VIA
rport, Insert VIA rport, Send Resp To Src Port
With those all set I have had pretty good luck with CISCO.

GENERIC TO ALL PHONES:
Brian and Michael have just worked me through a similar Registration issue
with Polycom phones, but I am sure this applies to many others too.  The key
to understanding that it was a NAT issue was that the phones CSeq (in the
Sophia global sipstrace on) did not change from one attempt to the next.  It
was always "CSeq: 1 REGISTER" and the second one would be "2 REGISTER" with
the auth stuff attached.  That shows it did not receive the response.  In
this case I added a parameter and a variable to the USER section of the
"directory" on the server.
          <variable name="sip-force-contact"
value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>
         <param name="NDLB-force-rport" value="true"/>

I am not sure if that fits your case, but maybe it will help others in the
future.

Sean