[Freeswitch-users] Avaya CS1000M integration guide

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Mon Dec 10 16:57:05 MSK 2012

Hi, Bote,

First, good luck with the CS1000. CS1000 could be brand new but realese
7.5 is not new, when Avaya bought Nortel, Avaya will not continue CS1000
development, just support.

My advice, use all debugging tools that you can find, CS1000 sometimes
can be tricky (and if the pbx team support is not "skilled") you could
get some headaches.

Second, try to get info about CS1000 architecture. CS1000 use "media
card" that make the conversion from TDM<=>SIP, how many cards, and IP
services will uses these cards, etc. Your FS installation could process
hundreds of calls but the CS1000 have to provide enough cards to support
all call legs. Apparently, CS1000 does not do trunking optimization, so
one call could consume several media cards resources.

On 12/9/2012 5:45 AM, Bote Man wrote:

> I know this is somewhat off-topic for this list, but I'm quickly
> running out of options.
>
> I need pointers to what Avaya considers an "integration guide" that
> tells them what to enter into their CS1k M pbx to a plain SIP trunk to
> talk to FreeSWITCH. Their pbx is brand new so I assume it is running
> the latest 7.5 or thereabouts.
>
> I'm hitting the bureaucratic roadblock with their tech support on this
> point so I need to send them document that will move us off dead-center.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Boteler
>
> Bote Communications
>
> Fort Lauderdale, FL