[Freeswitch-users] How to write an Application to control freeSWITCH

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Aug 27 22:16:58 MSD 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Subhash <gvvsubhashkumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply .if you dont mind can you point out the url to get
> there because I tried but did not get needed information.
>
> Thanjs,
> Subhash.

Subhash,

I hope you're ready to do some homework! :) When you say "control
FreeSWITCH" that can mean different things:
* Configuring FreeSWITCH
* Watching FreeSWITCH to see what calls/activity are currently taking place
* Generating new calls (outbound IVR, e.g.)
* Handling inbound calls (e.g. IVR/Auto Attendant)

Could you offer some more details about what you are trying to do with
FreeSWITCH? That will help us know whether or not ESL (event socket
library) is the right thing to recommend.

Thanks,
Michael