[Freeswitch-users] The domain_name variable and domains in FreeSWITCH

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Tue Aug 14 07:58:15 MSD 2012

I know it sounds like a trivial question. I just wanted to make sure I had a clear understanding of the implication of a domain name throughout FS.

Asterisk in SIP will reject calls made to an unknown domain. E.g.: sip.example-a.com and sip.example-b.com both commonly IN A 1.2.3.4.
If sip.conf only contains:
domain=1.2.3.4
domain=sip.example-a.com
Calls made to sip.example-b.com will be rejected.

You can also use the same setting to force a call into a particular context, so that 11 at conference.sip.example-a.com will land in a context defined for conferences.

I thought domain names in FS had some more substantial implications and wanted to get a good grasp of them.

All the best and thanks again for your input,
Emrah