[Freeswitch-users] Building Skype Issues

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:33:24 MSD 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM, toddbailey <toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:

> Mint 13 LST is a long term supported product based off Ubuntu 12 so it
> should supported at least for the most part.  Any minor nuances I can
> deal with.
>
> What exactly do you mean do not use a desktop distro ?
>         I need the gnome desktop for other activities.

a desktop will not work with skypopen, skypopen is designed to run on a
server distro.

If you want to explore, try to understand what is starting the oss (open
sound system) alsa emulation on your system. Sorry, I don't know which
modules you'll have to unload. You probably need to modify the settings of
pulseaudio too.

Ask in alsa and puleaudio forums how you can unload the OSS emulation.

I repeat, you'll end up trashing a lot of time and be very frustrated.

I will no more step up in this, use a server install - I told you twice ;).
(I'm the developer of skypopen)

-giovanni