[Freeswitch-users] Implications of using -nonat

curriegrad2004 curriegrad2004 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 20:41:32 MSD 2012

There aren't any implications. The -nonat switch just simply tells
FreeSWITCH to discover for an UPnP enabled NAT gateway so it can
forward ports dynamically via that API. If you choose to open up ports
the manual way then having that -nonat switch enabled doesn't make
much of a difference.

What is important however is that you set up your ext_rtp_ip and
ext_sip_ip's correctly in your Sofia SIP profile. Examples of a very
good value in ext_rtp_ip and ext_sip_ip is stun:stun.freeswitch.org