[Freeswitch-users] Implications of using -nonat

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sun Aug 5 19:53:38 MSD 2012

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:10:06 +0800
ocset <ocset at the800group.com> wrote:

> What are the implications of using the -nonat flag when starting
> FreeSWITCH? When should it be used?
>
> I have started FreeSWITCH with -nonat and it registers with my
> external VOIP gateway (Pennytel) and users can make calls using
> the external sip profile. Clients outside of my network are not
> able to see or register with FreeSWITCH which is expected
> behaviour.
>
> What am I missing in terms of functionality because of disabling
> NAT?

I think you have the answer in the question; if your server is
directly connected to the Internet AND it is also known as your
Internet address, then 'nonat' is logic, but if it is not the
case (behind a FW&|router for example) it must know its external
address as well (so no 'nonat':)

JY
--
Tommy dit : are you clear for tomorrow Aristote homework?
Manus dit : Yap, just dicovrd he's dead