[Freeswitch-users] Early media playback

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Sep 21 18:03:50 MSD 2011

While I haven't done this before you probably need to ignore the 183
from the remote end and set execute_on_preanswer or possibly
execute_on_media:

<action application="export"
data="nolocal:execute_on_preanswer=playback somefile"/>
<action application="export" data="nolocal:ignore_early_media=true"/>
<action application="bridge" data="bridge/string"/>

  However if you're getting a codec error now you probably have some
other issues to deal with.  It looks like you're trying to use
mod_native_file.  Can you try a normal wav (using mod_sndfile) and try
it again with the above code snippet?  Send the FS console logs to
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Chris Martineau <chris at ghosttelecom.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Trying to play a custom announcement/welcome to the a leg on receiving a 183
> from the far end.
>
> Have tried a straight playback just before the bridge which confirms that it
> finds the playback file as the recording is heard but as this is a bit nasty
> FS complains with a codec error and closes the call.
>
> Tried execute on media with the same playback details as follows...
>
> <action application=”set” data=”execute_on_media=playback /path/mediafile”
>
> Which according to the logs seems to work but I get just silence until I
> presume the file stops playing which is strange as the file plays fine when
> using a forced playback?
>
> Logs in both cases show the same file being found and used mediafile.PCMA.
>

> Also I would like to terminate the playback on answer but cannot find any
> obvious process to do this. Obviously you could do an execute_on_answer but
> can’t see what I would execute to achieve the desired effect?
>

> Many thanks for any help you can offer.
>

> Regards
>

> Chris

Kristian Kielhofner