[Freeswitch-users] Early media playback

Chris Martineau chris at ghosttelecom.com
Wed Sep 21 13:24:46 MSD 2011

Hi

Trying to play a custom announcement/welcome to the a leg on receiving a
183 from the far end.

Have tried a straight playback just before the bridge which confirms
that it finds the playback file as the recording is heard but as this is
a bit nasty FS complains with a codec error and closes the call.

Tried execute on media with the same playback details as follows...

<action application="set" data="execute_on_media=playback
/path/mediafile"

Which according to the logs seems to work but I get just silence until I
presume the file stops playing which is strange as the file plays fine
when using a forced playback?

Logs in both cases show the same file being found and used
mediafile.PCMA.

Also I would like to terminate the playback on answer but cannot find
any obvious process to do this. Obviously you could do an
execute_on_answer but can't see what I would execute to achieve the
desired effect?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards

Chris