[Freeswitch-users] - freeswitch bye issue

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:43:31 MSD 2011

What does the Contact header in the INVITE look like?

The BYE is actually a separate SIP dialog, and the SIP server has to send it
to the address in the Contact header not the address the INVITE came from.

NAT or a misbehaving SIP client could potentially screw that up by sending a
bad Contact header, which might mean you're not seeing it in Wireshark
because it's not being sent where you expect.

-Steve