[Freeswitch-users] Hangup Causes

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Oct 28 22:10:21 MSD 2011

Although not easy on a production system, your best bet is to catch the
behavior in the act. Usually this means that you have to rely upon humans to
report the symptoms to you in a timely and accurate manner.

One way you can help track these down is to use something like pcapsipdump
and do a ring buffer that covers at least several days. Then, when you hear
about a symptom you can go back and look at the corresponding pcap file
which will have both signaling and audio. From there you can hopefully trace
the root of the problem.

-MC

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Packet_Capture#pcapsipdump