[Freeswitch-users] RTP auto adjust

Ben Naylor bnaylor at sirran.com
Fri Oct 28 15:34:45 MSD 2011

Hi Freeswitch community

I was wondering if someone could help me with the above?

The scenario is that I have one sip client connected to Freeswitch over 3G,
and one connected via Wifi.

When I make a call from the wifi to 3G, I can see in the console debug
messages this -

2011-10-28 12:14:42.777087 [INFO] switch_rtp.c:3164 Auto Changing port from
192.168.16.18:60416 to 193.xxx.xxx.123:60416

Success, the audio flows both ways.

However, when I then make a call from 3G to Wifi, I do not get this line in
the debug messages for the wifi sip client.  Why is this?  Does the auto
change only apply to the originating sip client?

The 3G client is passing the correct IP in the SDP details due to there
being a SIP ALG router in place to change the details.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as always.

Kind regards

Ben