[Freeswitch-users] Reasons for a SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request ?

Charlie Orford charlie.orford at attackplan.net
Thu Nov 24 13:17:33 MSK 2011

Hi list

I have done some googling but cannot find much info about what causes FS
to send a SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request response.

My phones are able to register but when I try a test call (e.g. to 9196)
FS responds to the INVITE with Bad Request. For a short transcript of
this in action see: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/17863

My setup:
I have a clean git head install (cloned yesterday) and am running the
unmodified "out of the box" configuration (except I have enabled
NDLB-force-rport on the internal profile and set a default poassword).
FS is on a public server (no nat) and phones (aastra 57i models) are all
natted behind an ADSL router.

Thanks & Regards,
Charlie