[Freeswitch-users] mod_rtmp: "Read error" when attempting calls from FS to RTMP client.

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Wed Nov 23 23:52:29 MSK 2011

Hi,

I have a strange issue when I attempt to bridge a call from FS out to an
RTMP client. As soon as the call is offered up to the client, the call is
disconnected immediately i.e at the "ringing" stage.

The strange thing is that as soon as I issue an "fsctl loglevel 9" then
everything is fine. I don't know whether this is because of any additional
load, as nothing above "ERR" is printed in each case.

When the call is cleared immediately then I am getting "[ERR] rtmp.c:713
Read error" in the logs.

mod_rtmp is compiled from today's git.

Is there a possibility something is trying to happen too quickly in the
handshake before data has been received from the client?

Outbound calls from client to FS work flawlessly and incoming calls too, so
long as I seem to have debug logging enabled.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I'm bridging to the UUID of the session
AKA "<action application="bridge"
data="rtmp/cd421c76-1614-11e1-be92-397d873fd9b8"/>"

Cheers,

Neil.