[Freeswitch-users] I missing conference moderator features

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:42:02 MSK 2011

FreeSWITCH shares the UNIX philosophy of do one thing and do it well (most
of the time)
The conference module aims to provide the most basic features possible for
others to build on.

There are several ways to map keystrokes to various code and plugins for
you to make what you ask for but adding it to the conference module itself
pollutes the module.  (I already feel bad about having the pin feature
built in)  if anything changes to mod conference should be attempts to
reduce complexity rather than increase it.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Thomas Hoellriegel <admin at blindi.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a few suggestions as to improve the usability conferences as
> moderator.
>
> For example:
> you press a key, and become these menuoptions:
>  with 1 and 3, they can search through the channels in lissen only mode.
> press 2 for the current channel.
> press 4 to bridge the current channel with your self.
> press 5 to mute the current channel.
> press 6 to kick the channel from the conference.
> Press  7 to move the current channel to another conference-number.
> press the 8 to the subscriber number of the user to hear.
>
> So you can simply remove disturb as moderator of the conference soon.
>
> eavdrop has only limiting functions.
>  Unfortunately, I find no application where this enables channel-search
> mode.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/