[Freeswitch-users] I missing conference moderator features

Mitja Thomas mitja.thomas1 at ewetel.de
Thu Nov 10 13:35:38 MSK 2011

Hello Thomas,

I guess what Micheal means is, that there isn't a complete, ready-to-use
feature like the one you're asking for. But you could write I lua script
that retreives information about the channels of a conference and work
with these information according to previously set bindings
(bind_digit_action).

What I would do (very short, very superficial):
1) Bind digits to Dialplan Actions and let these call lua Scripts.
2) In these lua scripts retrieve information about a given conference
with api:execute("conference", ""..conference_id.." xml_list")
3) In one of these actions you select a channel (by skipping through the
possible channels probably) and save the current_channel in a
channel_variable in the moderator channel:
session:setVariable("x_current_channel", curent_channel_uuid)
4) Perform Actions on that channel which you could identify by the uuid
you stored in your channel variable.

All that should be possible with the given FreeSWITCH api + lua
(although I clearly didnt just write a script and tested it ;) ).

Regards,
Mitja