[Freeswitch-users] Rates Normalizer / Importer tool

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:02:55 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:

>  Lolol
>
> Thanks funny... No such tool exists... Carriers, (especially US Carriers),
> intentionally make their rate decks hard to import so its harder to tell the
> the difference in their rates... If its not one thing its another... ie:
> LATA/OCN/Tier ratedecks as in level3 to prefix/lrn ratedecks in xls format
> with  1 line per cost ammount and 50 prefixes in 1 cell...
>
> Not to mention the ratedeck you get from them this week is in format X and
> the one you get next week is Format Y
>
> (ok sure, one could argue they don’t do this on purpose, but it sure could
> have fooled me)
>

> Hi Ken,
Everything you said is true although I have yet to see a case where the same
provider might change the format from week to week. The only time I see
changes from the same provider is the format they give the base/original A-Z
in, and the formats they then deliver rate updates in are usually different.
But yes, the formats vary greatly from provider to provider.

Also, I think/(sort of) know that such tools exist but they exist within
each company/VSP's to work with their own systems and none of them are
particularly keen to share those tools since they take significant time and
resources to develop (but then so does Freeswitch, but that's free ;)). So I
was hoping if anyone on the list had developed this and was willing to share
or even sell (at a reasonable price), we will still consider it. Also, the
idea was to not expect that they would already have solved or created
templates for each carrier out there but simply to be able to create our own
templates for the carriers we choose to then feed to the tool for
normalization.