[Freeswitch-users] Receiving calls from an external IVR

Ira Tessler ira at connectmevoice.com
Mon May 9 21:07:56 MSD 2011

I would like to integrate Freeswitch into my existing IVR platform. For now,
I would like to use it to register VoIP phones, handle outbound calls and
receive inbound calls from my IVR.  We are a service provider, so this would
be a multi-tenant configuration. Each one of our customers would be set up
in their own Freeswitch context. I would set up the same extensions for a
customer in our IVR and for Freeswitch. When someone dials ext 101 on our
IVR, I would like the IVR to make a call to Freeswitch and have ext 101 ring
for the customer’s context. My IVR would pass in the callerid of the inbound
caller and I would like that number to display on the VoIP phone as the
callerid and name.

Furthermore, when someone at ext 101 dials ext 102, I need Freesswitch to
make a call to the IVR.

Is this possible? Are they any examples out there? How can I get started? I
am a newbie to Freeswitch.

Thanks,

Ira Tessler