[Freeswitch-users] Is it a good idea to deploy Freeswitch on Xen Instances/Virtual Machines?

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Wed May 4 02:31:56 MSD 2011

On May 3, 2011, at 11:39 AM, Brad Mina wrote:

> The testing I've done with linode specifically have been pretty good. I've not seen any major problems with audio quality. However, my tests were not intensive and I did not do any call-volume testing.

i use it Xen for testing setups, but would definitely not recommend it for any production environment that involves a lot of calls.  i used a Xen instance for a get-out-the-vote campaign last november, and had repeated issues with choppy audio, even with almost all of the hardware resources assigned to that single Xen instance.

my understanding is that OpenVZ has been used successfully in these circumstances, so you might want to check that out if you're serious about pushing a lot of calls.

chad