[Freeswitch-users] Standard Functionality of Freeswitch as Conference Server? Automatic Listen only conference.

Phil T philtrick123 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:11:56 MSK 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a conference server for a local charity but I wanted to check on the standard conference functionality of Freeswitch before I started.

The requirements are quite simple- Conference call only (no extra pbx features) for up to 10 people (via Public SIP trunks), but the critical part is there will be one presenter & 9 people listening only. So ideally I want to have two pin codes- one for use by the presenter, and the other pin code for listen only attendees. The listen only people should be automatically muted when they join, and obviously the presenter should have full duplex audio. There might be the requirement to allow individual listen only attendee to opt in/out to speak on the call (via a feature code i.e. *6).

This type of feature is common among commercial conference solutions, is it available on Freeswitch via standard scripting without having to have a custom programmed module?

If the answer is yes- I'll get started on setting it up. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Finally- I have very little linux command line experience, so I'd like to do the xml script setup/ testing on a Windows 7 pc, then move over to Linux if the performance is required. Is that a sensible approach? Is there a GUI to help with the Freeswitch setup?

Thanks Phil