[Freeswitch-users] disabling ptime warning message

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 1 05:44:35 MSK 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Malay Thakershi <mthakershi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok.
> I am using managed esl to send originate.
>
> I will put these params in sofia profiles.
>
> You said I am offering all codecs at once. How do I restrict this? And what
> should be the codec offered in my case?

Well, assuming that what the other end sent is useful, the other end only
offered 3 codecs in the SDP coming back:
   m=audio 19624 RTP/AVP 0 3 18
   a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
   a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000
   a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000

I'm assuming you don't want the calls to sound horrible, so don't use GSM.
If you didn't pay for the G729 commercial licenses then don't use G729. That
leaves good ol' PCMU. You can add this to the beginning of your originate
dialstring:
{absolute_codec_string=PCMU}

See if that helps...

-MC