[Freeswitch-users] Looking for Cost Effective IVR Solution for Concurrent Calls

Sidharth Kshatriya sid.kshatriya at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:59:47 MSD 2011

Any decent off the shelf desktop computer purchased today should be ok for
the kind of call volumes you're talking abnout.

You will need to buy a PRI data card which will cost Rs. 20-35 thousand
rupees. Look at Sangoma or Digium cards. I personally would recommend
Sangoma as seems to be better supported in freeswitch.

*Also look at kookoo.in -- you might be able to achieve what you want.*

I think the first thing you should do is understand the technology. After
you do that, you will be in a better position to ask questions and see
answers. Why do you look at reading a good book on freeswitch?

See more answers inline below....

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM, ankIT WALiA <ankitwalia4u at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am working to develop an IVR solution for an NGO in Tamil Nadu, India
> using Freeswitch open source telephony interface.
>
> I am looking for any cost effective solution for hardware where concurrent
> inbound/outbound calls can be made by the IVR system. Some research, I did
> but I am skeptical, need some more guidance from experts. Number of
> concurrent calls for initial stage inbound 5-10 but based on response from
> the community, we will plan for scaling up. Outbound Scheduled calls are of
> lesser importance right now.
>
> I checked online that PRI line provides me 30 lines for voice which can be
> used concurrently. But, the rent for the line is very high which cant be
> feasible for the NGO.
> Min PRI line cost is Rs 4.5 K per month.
>
> Please suggest alternative solutions which I can use for the same.
>
> 1. What about VOIP  and using their local access number?

VOIP is somewhat difficult to do in India. I don't know any services in
India that will give you a SIP connection.

> 2. What about SIP based IP phone with extensions?

You need to get a SIP connection or use a PRI.

> 3. What about trunk lines, DID etc?

You need to get a SIP connection or use a PRI

> 4. What about GSM Modems, GSMOpen?

May be an interesting option. But don't know much about it.