[Freeswitch-users] Funky Gateway Confusion?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Thu Jun 16 17:42:30 MSD 2011

Avi,

  Based on the SDP from the 200 OK I'd say your provider is using a
proxy in the SER family.  The SER proxies allow the proxy admin to
configure the nathelper "pinger" address:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/nathelper.html#id292784

  They probably just couldn't think of anything better than "1111".
As far as "Spikko001", I have no idea...

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:
> When making a call out on a gateway named "xconnect" they ping to see if my
> machine is still active.
> It uses 1111 in there, which happens to be the highest numbered SIP username
> on my system.
> Oh, and gw=Spikko001 gets in there too which is a completely unrelated
> gateway on my system.
> What in the world is going on?
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/16519
> It doesn't seem to be causing any problems.. but it's so weird.
> kinda old: FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head (git-0911ed7 2011-03-05 12-49-19
> -0500)
>
> -Avi Marcus

Kristian Kielhofner