[Freeswitch-users] How to creat an outgoing media channal for non-SIP?

max sip98765 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:09:33 MSD 2011

Hello,

First of all I am sorry if you receive this mail double. I sent it but I
didn't get a copy on the mailing list.
I want to write a quick and dirty extension as a prove of concept for
Freeswitch translating SIP into another protocol(e.g. proprietary RUF
XML-RTP for calls). For that I chose to use mod_erlang_event to handle
the handshake and the other standards server. The media should be
handled completely by Freeswitch.
The focus on this project is to get used to Erlang as well as to
Freeswitch so solutions should contain this two parts.

To the problem:
While creating an outgoing media channel via Erlang to the non SIP I got
stuck. Can I use originate in that context and if yes, how? If no, is
there any other command to realise that?
Also I would need to know how to control/close this media channel.

Thank you,
Max