[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch/voip on EC2 or other cloud/virtual services

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:29:45 MSD 2011

> Not having to worry about 'what if my server dies' is quite nice.

You still have to worry about that though. What if process X crashes? What
if the data centre fails. What if the data centre has an outage and loses
all your data (
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2007/10/02/amazon-ec2-outage-wipes-out-data/
)

It just encourages people to be complacent because it becomes someone elses
problem and because since they're paying for it to be managed for them
they're assuming nothing can go wrong.

-Steve