[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch/voip on EC2 or other cloud/virtual services

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:00:41 MSD 2011

Hello all

I am looking to find out from users about voip on cloud, especially FS on
Amazon EC2. Google gave very few results. There were very few positive
posts/articles, among them Eric Wickstrom's post on this list around
2009<http://www.spinics.net/lists/freeswitch/msg03870.html>but many
seemed to be having clock/echo related problems.

I would like to ask if any of you are successfully using Amazon as a voip
hosting provider & what are the issues involved/stumbling blocks.

I am looking to install a sme multi-tenant production system and will be
selling voip minutes to a small focus target segment. I am mostly a
marketing man & a small-time hobby sys-admin, so I'd also like to know how
difficult it is.

On a side note, I would like to solicit your opinion of Sipwise free & pro
edition <http://www.sipwise.com/products/comparison/> especially with
respect to deployment on Amazon cloud.

With best regards & thanks.
Sanjay.