[Freeswitch-users] Caller ID using Fifo

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 04:28:25 MSK 2011

You should all confer to make sure you are all using fs latest git because
that is the version I am talking about.  Fifo has some major new features in
latest that do not exist in older versions including showing the customers
cid when it calls agents.  The dilemma jm describes used to be true but is
no longer the case with the default ringall strategy on latest git.

The customers cid is sent to the agent and if the fifo xml defines
outbound_name param that will be included as well.

If you want to override it you must do what you quoted in the wiki in the
dialstring contained in the member tag of the xml for that membership not in
the dialplan.

On Jan 14, 2011 10:36 AM, "Marc de Corny" <marcdecorny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to follow up on this subject.
>
> I have done a lot of testing on the fifo trying to get the caller_id_name
changed on the outbound call to the agent and to be honest I cannot
understand the explanation.

> If mod_fifo does not know which call it will connect until the agent
answers, how come it displays the CLI correctly, jsut won;t let me change
it.

> Still seems strange. I am looking into the Mod_callcentre to check if it
sends caller_id information. but the same logic if valid could apply

> Also maybe someone should change the Wiki ( I would but do not have enough
expertise on the subject) because the following is a bit misleading

>  "Note: If you wish to specify the caller ID presented when a fifo calls
an agent, set the origination_caller_id_name and origination_caller_id_num
variables to the values desired. These could be set within the {} of the
dialstring, or they could be set using the set application in the dialplan
which places the caller into the fifo (before the 'fifo in' executed on the
caller). "
> thanks
> Marc
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Joao Leme <joaocarlosleme at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> What about showing the Caller ID after it is answered? Any way to do
that?

>> 2011/1/12 João Mesquita <jmesquita at freeswitch.org>
>>
>>> João Leme,
>>>
>>> The caller id is not passed when the phone is ringing because mod_fifo
does not know which call is going to be sent to that channel once it is
answered until it is really answered. I don't know if mod_callcenter does
show anything but you should consider looking at the documentation if you
really need this feature.

>>> Regards,
>>> João Mesquita

Client (X-Lite for example) of the caller that I answear from a Fifo queue?

http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users