[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Sends RTP To Private IP Address

Mike motosota at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:44:24 MSK 2011

Scenario. Polycom phone, private IP address, behind Cisco router doing NAT
overload to a public IP address (SIP 'fixup' disabled, so the Cisco isn't
mangling anything).

RTP stream from FreeSWITCH is sent to the private, not public address of the
phone.

I've got this working on 1.0.6  but I've tried this with FreeSWITCH Version
1.0.head (git-7070061 2011-01-20 13-52-00 -0600) and it doesn't seem to work
for me.

Here http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15109 is my sip profile.

Here http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15110 is a FreeSWITCH log for a call
made from one of the Polycoms to voicemail with SIP tracing enabled.

And here http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15111 is the wireshark trace showing
the media stream being sent by FreeSWITCH to the wrong port.

I may be (hopefully) missing something very obvious here.

Mike