[Freeswitch-users] GSM/PSTN Gateways

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 20 17:53:00 MSK 2011

On 01/20/2011 02:36 PM, Deon Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I've been searching the Net a lot the past couple of days looking for relatively good priced Internal and External GSM and PSTN Gateways.
>
> I did come up with couple devices, but they still seem a bit expensive.
>
> One device that did draw my attention though is the DuMV at PCI GSM Card. http://www.portech.com.tw/p3-product1_1.asp?Pid=15
> Do no if this will work in FreeSwitch?
>
> Would really appreciate suggestions on products used.

A more premium solution would be 2N at http://www.2n.cz/en/
These work very well and in my experience are reliable.

Portech also have external boxes:
http://www.portech.com.tw/p3-product1.asp?Cid=6

Haven't used them myself but someone in #freenode once mentioned
Mobigator, a GSM gateway compatible with FreeSWITCH. Uses a simple USB
link to hook up to your freeswitch server. On the software side I think
you need to install gsmopen on your FreeSWITCH box (howto on wiki).

http://www.mobigater.com/index.php?p=2&s=4
http://www.mobigater.com/index.php?p=2&s=6

At about $120 or €90 they are quite affordable but I don't know how well
they work.

Regards,
Patrick