[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and mysql

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Jan 20 00:16:53 MSK 2011

Integrate freeswitch with mysql is vague. That itself could mean something
like having freeswitch store it's database in mysql, but that doesn't seem
to be what you want.
You are asking how to use a database (any, not just mysql) to configure the
dialplan - users, extensions, conferences, whatever.
1) You can use lua to process the calls and have it query your database
2) If you just need simple sql queries, check the mod_odbc_query from the
git contrib. If you already understand the dialplan basics, then this can
easily let you query the database as part of that.
3) However, if you need more complicated things, then mod_xml_curl is your
friend - it lets you grab dynamicly generated XML files for each call.
I myself use php to query a mysql database for how much to charge for the
call, a custom LCR implementation, etc.
I posted the basic classes to github a while ago:
https://github.com/avimar/FreeSWITCH-mod_xml-with-PHP
 <https://github.com/avimar/FreeSWITCH-mod_xml-with-PHP>Also, intralanman
wrote a very modular, all inclusive xml_curl implementation in php - which
if you understand it (I didn't know it existed) should be really helpful.
You can find that in the git contrib also in: intralanman/PHP/fs_curl

-Avi Marcus