[Freeswitch-users] Caller ID using Fifo

Marc de Corny marcdecorny at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 19:35:21 MSK 2011

Just to follow up on this subject.

I have done a lot of testing on the fifo trying to get the caller_id_name
changed on the outbound call to the agent and to be honest I cannot
understand the explanation.

If mod_fifo does not know which call it will connect until the agent
answers, how come it displays the CLI correctly, jsut won;t let me change
it.

Still seems strange. I am looking into the Mod_callcentre to check if it
sends caller_id information. but the same logic if valid could apply

Also maybe someone should change the Wiki ( I would but do not have enough
expertise on the subject) because the following is a bit misleading

 "Note: If you wish to specify the caller ID presented when a fifo calls an
agent, set the origination_caller_id_name and origination_caller_id_num
variables to the values desired. These could be set within the {} of the
dialstring, or they could be set using the set application in the dialplan
which places the caller into the fifo (before the 'fifo in' executed on the
caller). "
thanks
Marc
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Joao Leme <joaocarlosleme at gmail.com>wrote:

> What about showing the Caller ID after it is answered? Any way to do that?
>
> 2011/1/12 João Mesquita <jmesquita at freeswitch.org>
>
> João Leme,
>>
>> The caller id is not passed when the phone is ringing because mod_fifo
>> does not know which call is going to be sent to that channel once it is
>> answered until it is really answered. I don't know if mod_callcenter does
>> show anything but you should consider looking at the documentation if you
>> really need this feature.
>>
>> Regards,
>> João Mesquita
>>

>>   On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Joao Leme <joaocarlosleme at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi there,
>>> I would like to know if there is a way to see the caller ID on my Sip
>>> Client (X-Lite for example) of the caller that I answear from a Fifo queue?
>>> Thanks,