[Freeswitch-users] mod_event_socket message pizza received from BSD machines

Mauritz Løvgren mauritz.lovgren at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:26:44 MSK 2011

Hi,

We are experiencing weird behaviour when using socket connection to mod_event_socket while running FS on FreeBSD and Mac OSX.

We send a lot of bgapi and api commands to the FreeSwitch while controlling and monitoring hundreds of sessions.

We have created a simple load-test that displays the problem we face.
The load-test simply fires the following command continuosly to freeswitch: “bgapi sofia status”, generally as fast as freeswitch can receive it.

The following occurs, but only on FreeBSD or MacOSX (10.6.6) (both 64-bit) while using latest version of FreeSwitch:

- Replies and events are inter-mixed on the receive stream (the output from freeswitch), causing protocol errors in the receiving client.

This does _not_ happen on CentOS or Windows, so we wonder what could be causing this. Is there a problem with threading or socket libs here?
We assume that FreeSwitch protect a mod_event_socket inbound connection output stream by locking (or other means) to make sure not any two messages are written ‘simultaneously’ causing garbage in the receiving end?

Regards,
Mauritz Lovgren
System Architect
IPLink Inc.