[Freeswitch-users] g729 packets skipped in passthrough mode

Javier Gallart jgallartm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:28:35 MSK 2011

Hello,

I've looked deeper into this issue and I might have hit a known problem:

RTP_BUG_IGNORE_MARK_BIT = (1 << 2)

/*
  A Huawei SBC has been discovered that sends the mark bit on every single
RTP packet.
  Since this causes the RTP stack to flush it's buffers, it horribly messes
up the timing on the channel.

  This flag will do nothing when an inbound packet contains the mark bit.

 */

The carrier is actually a Huawei SBC, and the problem I reported only
happens when it sends the marker bit  = true in all the rtp packets. I've
tried
<param name="auto-rtp-bugs" data="RTP_BUG_IGNORE_MARK_BIT"/> in the profile
but the problem is still there, is this the right way to override this
nonsense from the Huawei?

Thanks

Javier