[Freeswitch-users] How to dial a remote_skypename from a telephone keypad?

Dmitry Bely dmitry.bely at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:57:00 MSK 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:54 PM, mazilo <Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com> wrote:

> Dmitry Bely wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM, mazilo <Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com>
>> wrote:

>>> What will happen if a Skype account is named Skype333 or Skype444?
>>
>> Nothing special. Skype names are case-insensitive so one would encode
>> skype333  string. The result would be:
>>
>> #777755444733##333
> How about giovanni444 or giovanni6666.

Just the same way:

#777755444733##444
#777755444733##6666

> How will the encoder differentiate
> between the letter 'o' with numeral '444' and the letter 'n' with numeral
> '66'? Will they be encoded into giovannio or giovanninn, respectively?

Looks like you didn't fully read my proposal. Or my English is not
good enough. One again: an encoded sequence is started by # and ended
by ##. Inside it a group of identical digits is interpreted as a
letter (optionally prefixed by # as delimiter). Dial string may
contain several encoded parts interlaced with ordinary digits:

digits#letters##digits#letters##digits

So there is no problem to differ "n" from 66 - they appear in different contexts

- Dmitry Bely