[Freeswitch-users] How to dial a remote_skypename from a telephone keypad?

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Thu Feb 10 14:54:38 MSK 2011

Dmitry Bely wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM, mazilo <Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Dmitry Bely wrote:
>>> # button can be used to start encoding sequence and ## is to end it.
>>> So e.g. giovanni334 is be encoded as
>>>
>>> #4#444#666#888#2#66#66#444##334
>>>
>>> or even
>>>
>>> #4#444666888266#66444##334 (if digit changes we know that another
>>> character is started. Thus # prefix can be safely omitted)
>>>
>>> Then all we would need is a very simple decoder on the
>>> freeswitch/skypopen side. Just an idea...
>> What will happen if a Skype account is named Skype333 or Skype444?
>
> Nothing special. Skype names are case-insensitive so one would encode
> skype333  string. The result would be:
>
> #777755444733##333
How about giovanni444 or giovanni6666. How will the encoder differentiate
between the letter 'o' with numeral '444' and the letter 'n' with numeral
'66'? Will they be encoded into giovannio or giovanninn, respectively?

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.