[Freeswitch-users] Audio Problem - one way

Erin O'Meara erin.omeara at salmonbaytechnology.com
Thu Aug 18 18:35:56 MSD 2011

I have to VOIP servers in the cloud(same provider), one is FusionPBX running
Freeswitch the other is Elastix with Asterisk.  I have two phones(same
Grandstream GXP280) in my office each registered to one of the servers.  I
have one phone number and when I route it thru the Elastix server, I get no
complaints about the audio. When I route the number thru the FusionPBX the
person on the other end complains of choppy audio but I can't tell
the difference on my end. But when I call from my cell I can tell that the
Freeswitch server audio is not as good on the outgoing.

Both Virtual servers are the same specs, memory and proc. The elastix box
has more overhead with all the extra crap it runs and I can look at
the performance metric's on the virtual servers and confirm that the
fusionpbx has less proc usage and memory usage. The calls are using the same
codec (ulaw). Currently the call volume is just my one call for the Fusion
server, and at most 2 for the Elastix.

Any thoughts on with the same setup and internet routes, audio in one
direction is preforming so poorly with the freeswitch?

Regards,

206.905.9520
http://salmonbaytechnology.com