[Freeswitch-users] Help with dual IP gateways

Lars Zeb larclap at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 20:23:57 MSD 2011

Currently my LAN is connected to the internet via DSL. The FreeSWITCH box is
on this subnet. To save money, I am moving the data portion of my LAN to a
new ISP and I want to segregate the VOIP to another ISP. I am tired of
having a bad VOIP connection during lengthy downloads.

My VOIP and FreeSWITCH skills are minimal. I have used FreeSWITCH for over a
year in a home/business environment. The only reason it is working is with
the help of this list.

My knowledge of IP is similar. I do not know how to setup a LAN with two
gateways with all nodes seeing one another. I do want to be able to call out
via FreeSWITCH from a softphone on the data portion of the new LAN.

A friend suggested I need a dual ported WAN firewall/router with load
balancing to enable all the nodes to be on the same subnet. Can anyone help
me with suggestions? Is there a consultant I can hire to help with this?

Thanks, Lars