[Freeswitch-users] Hangup hooks on B legs

Isaac Jurado ijurado at econcept.es
Wed Aug 3 23:14:34 MSD 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> If the channel is hung up, then it's hung up.. that's what the hangup
> hook is, afaik.  If you look at the wiki page for this:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_session_in_hangup_hook
> it only says that you can "access" the variable, not that the channel
> still exists or that you can set them.

It looks that the session object is only available through bindings like
mod_lua.  I'll have to check

> Why do you need to use a hangup hook to set a variable? can't you set
> it at the start? Or import B leg into A leg's CDRs?

It's a bit tricker than that.  We are trying to implement a stateless
CDR processing and billing mechanism that works also across call
transfers.

As I said, we will probably end up defining a Lua hook.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Cheers.

--
Isaac Jurado