[Freeswitch-users] setup an enviroment for implementating / testing IVR

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 25 02:32:20 MSD 2011

Do you have a sound file recorded already? If so you can do a few different
things:

#1 - Emulate x5000 (demo IVR) by creating your own XML IVR file and
specifying your sound file.

#2 - Create a simple extension with play_and_get_digits. An example is found
here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_play_and_get_digits

And yes, you *will* need to create an extension of some sort to route the
call. If the call is "external" - from say a VoIP provider - and coming in
via a DID then you will need to make an entry in the public dialplan
context. Check this page for an example of doing that:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#Example_9:_Routing_DID_to_an_extension

-MC