[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question about Polycom presence / BLF with productivity license.

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sat Apr 23 08:47:11 MSD 2011

Hi Christian and Yehavi,

Thanks for the time looking into this!

> Christian Benke wrote:
> Just a wild guess - are you actually loading the file with the
> attendant-settings? Usually phone1.cfg or $MAC-phone1.cfg -
> there should be an entry in the basic $MAC.cfg for this file.

Thanks for suggesting this; it did not solve my problem, but it made me
change / clean my test setting for the better. Here is my new test
procedure:

- On the phone, I regularly do erase local config, factory settings, and
format file system. Just to be sure.

- I completely cleaned the /tftpboot directory, except for 2 files:
0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg
0004f2xxxxxx-license.cfg

- Extracted the files from the Polycom zip into /tftpboot, tried that
both with 3.1.7 and 3.1.0 rev C. I can positively confirm that even
after a format file system, the phone will successfully load both the
3.x SIP version of the moment AND the 0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg.

- I don't bother to have a 0004f2xxxxxx.cfg file anymore. I don't need
it as long as I keep the 0000000000000.cfg file into /tftproot. It finds
the phone1_31x.cfg and the sip_31x.cfg files just fine.

- About the reading of the 0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg: I am absolutely
positive that it reads it for 2 reasons:

1. I can see it in tcpdump port 69 -v
2. Changes made to 0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg will show up on the phone
after reboot.

I pasted the current version of the file below.
It reads the file, parses it, and some parts work and some don't.

What does work:
- The reg.1.stuff. The line shows up, registers, can make calls, etc.
- The SNTP timezone stuff. Changes to the gmtOffset value will show up
at next phone reboot.
- The presence feature. Changing it to "1" will indeed enable the
feature, and if I add buddy entries in the directory (from the phone
itself) they actually work, with their known limitations. If enabled,
the "MyStat" and "Buddies" softkey do appear on the main screen, and do
go out if deactivated.
- The corporate directory feature. I have not actually tested it, but
the feature does show in the menus when activated and not when
deactivated.

What does not work:
- The attendant thing (duh).
- Trying to disable the "MyStat" and "Buddies" softkeys when presence is
enabled.

In short:
- The phone DOES read the 0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg file.
- When it parses it, some functions work and some don't.

- In my tests, it does not matter in which file you put things. Let's
say the TZ commands or the feature commands: they work regardless if I
put them in 0004f2xxxxxx-phone.cfg or in {phone1_31x.cfg|sip_31x.cfg}. I
know, I'm not supposed to modify these but I did try, and it does work
as expected. Same applies to the attendant commands: regardless of which
file you put them in, they don't work.

- In case it was not clear: I can make the "buddies" thing work any way
I want, and I can't make the "attendant" way work at all, regardless of
what I do. I have tried about 25 different variants, no go.

What bugs the ##^%@# out of me is this: Whether it actually works or
does anything at all, just the following 2 lines should display
something on the phone's screen:
  attendant.resourceList.1.address="8000"
  attendant.resourceList.1.label="Name1"

So the LED may not change, the button may not work, but it should show.
It does not. So my problem is not that the phone does or does not
register with the server, which may or may not work... It's that the
phone fails to parse the config file for these items.

Feedback more than welcome!

Thanks,
Michel.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<userinfo>
 <reg
  reg.1.displayName="Test 2499"
  reg.1.address="2499"
  reg.1.type="private"
  reg.1.auth.userId="2499"
  reg.1.auth.password="xxxxxxx"
  reg.1.server.1.register="1"
  reg.1.server.1.address="192.168.17.1"
  reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
 />
</userinfo>

<attendant
  attendant.reg="1"
  attendant.ringType="1"
  attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1"
  attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1"
  attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="1"
  attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1"
  attendant.resourceList.1.address="8000"
  attendant.resourceList.1.label="Name1"
  attendant.resourceList.2.address="8001"
  attendant.resourceList.2.label="Name2"
/>

<softkey softkey.feature.mystatus="0" softkey.feature.buddies="0" />
<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-25200" />
<feature
 feature.1.name="presence" feature.1.enabled="0"
 feature feature.19.name="corporate-directory" feature.19.enabled="0"
/>