[Freeswitch-users] Hangup a call with silence

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Apr 22 02:06:45 MSD 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Stephen Wilde <wstephen80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use this provider for calls to mobile phones: the hold has a sound and I
> can also accept that the call in hold is dropped.
> My idea is that this provider doesn't propagate the hangup (sometimes)
> simply to increase the number of seconds I pay.

In other words, douchebaggery is afoot in the network. :)

I don't believe we have anything for this in tree right now but I think one
of our more talented programmers could create the equivalent of tone_detect
except make it a silence_detect. We have all the pieces in the source code
now (how to detect silence, how to put a media bug on a channel, how to
execute an app when the xxx_detect conditions are met) so it's a matter of
someone taking the time to put them together and test them.

Any takers? :)

-MC