[Freeswitch-users] Non-transcoding G729 calls using Sangoma D100

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:17:52 MSD 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:11 PM, David Notivol <dnotivol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Michael,
>
> We're not recording the calls passing through the D100. But we're using the
> FS to play some IVR's, so we're playing audios and listening for DTMF tones.
>
> The point is, if a G729 call comes into the FS, and we play some G729 audio
> files, no transcoding should be needed. But, as far as I know, mod_g729 and
> mod_sangoma_g729 can't be loaded at the same time, so this G729-G729 call
> uses a Sangoma D100 session.
>
> I don't know if there's a way of configuring FS to avoid wasting D100
> resources.

As long as the decode/encode count is 0, no resources are wasted. The
hardware resource is allocated only on first use. Even when you can see
"sessions" created, no hardware resource has been created until FreeSWITCH
requires something to encode or decode.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer, Software Development Manager
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com