[Freeswitch-users] time_test on Centos 5.5

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:44:53 MSD 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think its relative to each kernel version.
> The safe bet is to enable the 1000hz timer because 1ms is the least
> amount of time FS needs to sleep.
> Sometimes when you have a kernel that runs even faster the performance
> goes down due to the extra cycles.
> All I can say is test everything.
>
> Try it both ways with 1000hz and however the default is and if you
> support timerfd try that too.
> param enable-softtimer-timerfd set to true in switch.conf.xml and/or
> using mod_timer_fd and setting rtp_timer_name=timerfd in your sofia
> profile.

Ok, Thanks Anthony. The default on my system was 250Hz.  Have changed that
and re-compiled the kernel. Will try out both and see what happens.

BTW, do we need timerfd in conjunction with the 1000hz timer set in the
kernel or is it either/or? As in does it affect positively or negatively if
we leave the kernel at 250Hz and enable timerfd as the timing source?

Thanks