[Freeswitch-users] Recommended SIP IP Wifi Handsets?

Campbell Steven casteven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:36:30 MSD 2011

I kind of feel with the 870 that they decided they were going to make a
touch screen phone first before they decided how they were going to
implement it or how it was going to be useful on the phone. There are
alot of ways of doing the same thing on them which makes them rather
confusing to teach especially with transferring calls, the method of
"dragging" calls in coloured bubbles around the screen is error prone
and just plain difficult in practice given the orientation of the phone.
There is also almost a disconnect between some of the hard keys on the
handset and touch screen and they behave in different ways, especially
the speaker phone key which doesn't work in some scenarios but does in
others. The Vision sidecar that matches has only just in a beta release
got BLF functionality, nearly 12 months after it's release is not great
either (BLF support on a side car is pretty critical I think).  Anyway,
before you jump in I would suggest you buy one and see what you think.

Campbell