[Freeswitch-users] Codec question: about the G729 codec

bevenky venkatesh11 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:17:04 PDT 2010

I completely agree with BKW and Anthm.

In fact I was also trying out this naughty codec from github for trans
coding on a development machine. I think that codec sucks big time, as not
only it consumed resources, but it cannot handle different ptime
implementations of g729.

Not only, it is stealing from such a lovely project if you use this in
production, its also a total waste of time even in testing for your own
purpose, coz it wont let you test anything and you will end up wasting your
time.

Instead a simpler solution is to buy g729 1-2 licenses to test stuff, and
purchase more if needed.

Anthm, would be great if that stupid codec can be stopped from working with
FS. I hate it personally. wasted one month of mine testing for quality, when
shit was inside g729 codec.

Regards
Venky